About the Categories

As I'm sewing my way through blog-land, I'm rating every tutorial I use - according to skill level and three ratings. Here is the break down of those:

Jump Right In: This tutorial is well organized and easy to follow. Don't worry about it, just jump right in!

Make a Muslin: The theory is good. The design is worth making, but the instructions are out of order or difficult to understand. Don't make the first one out of your "good fabric".

Don't Cut That: I imagine there won't be many of these. However, if I do use this rating, it will be because the tutorial is fraught with mistakes and misleading directions. Honestly, it would have to be pretty bad.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Circle Skirt, Here I come!






Tutorial: Made Circle Skirt
Skill Level:  Beginner
Rating:  Jump Right In!



The immediate next project was a circle skirt. I didn't use a tutorial for that one, just some geometry. But, I did try my hand at a tutorial for it - not very good. Either way, the method I use is just like this one from 
Dana Made It!


Dana's tutorial definitely gets a "Jump Right In".  As with all of her tutorials, the directions are clear, concise and easy to follow.  Easy peasy for anyone from beginners to experts!

Now, here are a few Circle skirts that I've made:

 
The purple one on the left is still worn regularly (by a little sister, of course).

The one on the right was a fabric choice FAIL and was soon turned into doll clothes & scraps.  :)

More recently, we've made many many half circle skirts, made using similar math and half as much fabric.

Here are a couple of those:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. No, really.