About the Categories

As I'm sewing my way through blog-land, I'm rating every tutorial I use - according to skill level and three ratings. Here is the break down of those:

Jump Right In: This tutorial is well organized and easy to follow. Don't worry about it, just jump right in!

Make a Muslin: The theory is good. The design is worth making, but the instructions are out of order or difficult to understand. Don't make the first one out of your "good fabric".

Don't Cut That: I imagine there won't be many of these. However, if I do use this rating, it will be because the tutorial is fraught with mistakes and misleading directions. Honestly, it would have to be pretty bad.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Easy Pants Tutorial


Tutorial: Easy Pants Tutorial
Skill Level:  Beginner
Rating:  Jump Right In!


During the boy's clothing roundup, Sew Mama Sew (again) led me to this "Easy Pants Tutorial" from Handy Home Projects.  Let me first say, that I was incredibly intimidated by even the idea of this project.  **Surely I can't make pants.**  That's just crazy!


For this tutorial, however, I wish I could give it a better rating that "Jump Right In".  I can't even find the appropriate words to describe how truly easy she made this.  I use this process constantly in making pants for my kiddos.  I've used this tutorial for everything from gauchos for the girls, to flannel-lined canvas pants for little man, fleece pants out of cheap fleece when we just need some extra warmth and the first ones I made:  little dress pants for everyone out of Goodwill purchased pants from the LIMITED!!  The fabric is so nice, that my oldest girls still wear these (even though they're considered nearly flood pants now O )


For these, reusing the hem from the original pants made extremely short work of four pair of nice pants!


So, without further ado, here are the pants I made the first go-round:


Oh, but a warning, these are post-DSLR, but pre-flash...so the photo quality is horrible.  :(













 Ahhh, free hems!








And happy girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. No, really.